Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does this elite 88 all star team get selected? Kids on the list that signed up but didn’t show up yesterday. Selected before even watching kids I guess? I know for a fact kids on that list weren’t there because one of my daughters teammates was in surgery for an injury during the event yet was selected for the all star team.

That is awesome !

Granted..alot of the schools who get 10+ committs can afford to because they didn't land a top 5 recruit that would take up a big chunk of the scholarship money. Top 2 recruits get anywhere from 50-75% of their school paid for guaranteed. The rest will be divided among other commits. The higher ranked you are, the more money you get. Alot of these kids come from well off families so any small percentage of that scholarship money is enough. Parents and athletes know in advance what's being offered to them. So a regular D1 school with 10 committs can split that money an even 10% for every player that committed. But this gets alittle more complicated the deeper you dive into Ivies and private schools

Ignorant post, complete nonsense.