Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice joke but so true. First applications in with a behind the scenes email rec from their club coach is a resounding YES. Don’t believe me, if you have some time if you are there with your daughter, go watch some of the 2025s at this thing. 😳

Pretty much just had to fill out an application for 2025s. I regretted signing up my daughter once I saw the roster. Girls from her team going who are not strong at all. Top M&D girls not going. Top goalies not there. At least will be a tune up for fall tournaments.

My daughter was chosen without an application so the apps must have been to fill out the spots. We didn't know anything about it until the invite came out.

We didn’t have to apply. We just received an invite. I think many received same way. Yes some people emailed to get on roster but so what. I saw top 24/25 kids attending from top teams. Will be what they make of it.[/quote]

We also received an invite and didn't fill out an application.

However, it isn't uncommon for coaches or people to email about openings and get in. A certain upper midwest team had multiple kids get into both UA and AS after they didn't get in via the tryouts by emailing both groups to see if that had any openings. So don't act like this doesn't happen in other events, but I'm doubtful all the 2025's or the 2024's made it into the IL event by sending in an email.