Originally Posted by Anonymous
For parents who have been through the recruiting process before, I was curious as to how often kids on the "second tier" list eventually get offers? I realize probably never for a UNC/BC/MD level school; but what about a #10-30 ranked program? Like many 2024 kids/parents we are pretty anxious right now but wanted to be prepared for what to expect on Thursday and beyond. Thanks in advance.

Are you referring to a specific "second tier" "list"? Not sure exactly what you are asking.

10 - 30? That's a broad range, # 10 is a lot closer to Top 5 than Top 30....

No need to to be anxious, none of it is in your or your daughters control. The college coaches will go after and make offers to the players that they believe will help their program.

The majority of the Top 10-20 programs will be going after the same athletes on September 1st. Many other programs will also be trying to get the top players as well but it is the exception to the rule when non traditional Top 20 programs lands top talent.

Parents and players will finally find out where the player stands in relation to the rest of the 2024 class. Again, no need to be anxious, most of this process is beyond your (your daughters) control at this point. Just make sure the coaches at the schools that your daughter would like to go to are aware of her interest. Coaches want players who want to be there, if the coach has your daughter lumped in with 20 - 30 or more other players they will take the players who express a sincere desire to attend their school and play for their program over the kid who is indifferent.

The Top Players will pretty much be able to choose whatever school they want and when you look at the traditional Top 10 - 20 Programs those schools offer some incredible opportunities. IMHO, that is why there is not much parity in this sport, the top players rarely choose to go outside the traditional powers. The top recruits have a diverse group of excellent academic / athletic schools to choose from.... Take a look at the list below... why would a "top tier" student athlete choose a school outside of the list below? The reality is that the majority do not go outside the traditional powers.

Boston College
Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Stony Brook
Princeton
Virginia
Florida
Penn
Notre Dame
JMU
Penn State
Duke
Loyola
Stanford
USC
Hopkins
UMass

The following have been in the mix as well in recent years:

Denver
Michigan
Arizona St

Navy offers an incredible opportunity for those who are interested in that commitment.

Clemson will be knocking on the door quickly.

Vanderbilt should stat to be a little better on a more consistent basis.

No disrespect to any program not listed... just rattled these off the top of my head. Just seems that the vast majority of the best players choose to go many of the schools listed above every year.

Obviously, the Top 5 - 10 programs get the lions share of the top players every year.

While I agree with some of what you say. UMass over Michigan is strange. Nobody I know would choose UMass over Mich. And Clemson should already be on that list, considering the commits they have. You could also include Rutgers who has vastly improved.

Agree about Clemson and Michigan over UMass but completely disagree about Rutgers. Rutgers isn’t a contender for this list solely because they have had improvement. It will be impossible for them to have a real chance of a national championship. They don’t attract the recruits needed to beat a MD/BC/UNC/NW. The school and location doesn’t have what is needed to compete with these other programs.