Originally Posted by Anonymous
SBU is a top lacrosse school stats don't lie. He takes LI girls because obviously they can play or they would not be recruited to a top 10 D1 school...

Some LI dads just have trouble admitting this. Be happy where your daughter went and try not to sound so silly bashing an obvious top program because it recruits in its backyard. Smart if you ask me.

Was there a post bashing Stony Brook? Not sure what you are talking about.

It was supposed to say NON-LI dads. I apologize. The original poster was saying that not many LI girls were recruited by top 20 programs and Ivy's and on his list he left out SB saying they really dont count.

I think it is well known that Stony Brook has been one of the 10 best women's lacrosse programs for several years now. It is also well known that SBU gets the large majority of their players from Long Island. I do not believe that anyone said that Stony Brook doesn't count. The point was made that Stony Brook "skews" the numbers because just about all of their players come from the island and that is not the case for the rest of the programs. Even Maryland which is very heavy with Maryland players is not at 85% plus MD players. Maybe I am wrong but from what I have listened to over the years, Stony Brook is not the "Dream School" for most of the players and parents from Long Island (or other parts of the country). North Carolina, Boston College, Notre Dame, Virginia, Northwestern, Florida, Syracuse, USC, Duke, Stanford, Princeton, Penn etc... appear to be the
schools that people chase. Stony Brook has a very good lacrosse program and it is a good school but it is not on par with the rest of the top lacrosse programs academically or for the overall college experience. I didn't read the original post as a slight against Stony Brook simply because it is common knowledge that the SBU roster is always made up of mostly Long Island players so no need to point out the number of commits. It was surprising to see how few Long Island kids are headed to the other schools listed. SBU people are being a little sensitive.