Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, that’s great, but academies have been recruiting for months now, so those are not really new. I’m kind of surprised those girls didn’t wait to see 9/1 interest before committing. It is nice to see that the LI girls are taking their time and not committing on the first visit. It is so important to see a few schools before making such an important decision.

This is is silly comment. I guess you don’t understand the prestige of being committed to an Academy. Free school, and they pay you too!, and the world is yours when you graduate and finish your short required duty. I know of a handful of Westpoint grads in high power corporate positions, and working on Wall Street.[/quote]

I think we all know. Good for them. Most girls would not even entertain it because it takes a certain type of kid. It’s frankly only for a select few. It’s also a fact that they have been recruiting all summer, so had little to do with 9/1. My daughter was recruited by both Army and Navy, but unfortunately it is not a good fit for her. Congratulations to the girls who will serve our country and to the parents who don’t have to pay any tuition!