Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We are just about two month into the recruiting process and somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 players have committed to DI programs. Many on here are from Long Island and many focus on the "Top" college programs and "The Ivy's" (two of which Penn and Princeton fall under both Top 20 program and Ivy).

Nor too many LI kids committing to either...

Traditional Top 20 Programs and total commits and commits from LI... (Yes, I know there are some other strong programs i.e. Denver, Umass) I also realize that the numbers below are not exact (but they are close)

School ------ commits --- LI commits

Boston College: 8 -- 1
Duke: 8 -- 2
Florida: 10 -- 1
James Madison: 8 -- 1
Johns Hopkins: 8 -- 2
Maryland: 10 -- 1
North Carolina: 8 -- 3
Northwestern: 7 -- 0
Notre Dame: 10 -- 0
Penn: 9 -- 1
Penn State: 8 -- 0
Princeton: 7 -- 1
Stanford: 7 -- 0
Syracuse: 10 -- 0
Virginia: 7 -- 2
USC: 9 -- 2

Also...

Michigan: 12 -- 0
Loyola: 4 -- 2

Ivy's

Brown: 4 -- 1
Columbia: 6 - 2
Cornell: 5 -- 1
Dartmouth: 6 -- 1
Harvard: 9 -- 1
Yale: 8 -- 2

Piggybacking on this.... There are approximately 750 - 800 Division I commits so far. There is always a lot of chest pounding from LI parents as well as complaining about all star teams, player rankings, lists etc...

Well as the dust is just about settled the college coaches at the best programs have pretty much let us all know just which players they have ranked high.

Looking at the traditional Top 20 college programs there are about 20 Long Island players committed to those programs.

When you look at the traditional Top 10 college programs Long Island has about 13 players heading to the best programs

Maryland - 1
North Carolina - 3
Northwestern - 0
Boston College - 1
Syracuse - 0
Princeton - 1
Florida - 1
Virginia - 2
Stony Brook - 4

Throw out all the lists and rankings, just look at who the best programs are taking.

LI has 10 recruits to the top 5 ranked schools. Each school has either 9 or 10 2024 commits. That's 20%. of the top 50 recruits from LI. Not that bad if you ask me.