Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is The Presidents Cup worth going to if you are a 2024

It can definitely be worthwhile. Have your daughter email schools she's interested in and ask if they're done with 24s. They'll let her know. My experience with my 2023 was that most D1 schools she was interested in were done or maybe one or two spots but they were already down the road with a few candidates so not really looking for someone new. She did go and had texts/emails from some D1 programs but they were lower academic/less desirable to her. She did get a lot of looks from top D3 programs and committed to a great one (had to wait until July because nescac needs full year of grades) that saw her play in Dallas. You could also have your club director or hs coach contact coaches if they're not responding to your daughter. Good luck!

If you aren't looking for money and are good enough, there is always room. Just continue to reach out.

My 2023 daughter's team had a very talented player who missed her junior fall season and sophomore summer due to very serious knee and leg injuries. After last summer, she had offered from 7 top 40 schools. Only one offered $$ as a freshman, but opportunity to earn it if she got into the rotation.

The key is as, you said "good enough". Coaches will find room for players that they believe can help their team compete. There is no shortage of players who are willing to pay full cost to attend but it doesn't work that way. If the coach like the player and wants the player the coach will offer a spot.