Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm new to all of this so I am wondering this. If your daughter got a call from a top ranked D1 school right after midnight that is a good indication they are very interested in her , correct ?

Hopefully this can be helpful to some.

- Remember, your daughter is not going through this process in a vacuum, coaches are talking to multiple recruits and the decisions made by other recruits and coaches impacts everyone else including your daughter.

- Remember, the process is very fluid, things can and do change rapidly.

- Remember, The recruiting process (in most cases) will let players and parents know where the player stands in relation to the field.

- Remember, it is a process, for the majority of players the process will take some time.

- Remember, stay positive and help your daughter to do the same.

- Remember, focus on what you can control and do not get caught up with things that you can not control. i.e. who commits where, what coaches call, what coaches do not call etc...

- Remember, it is okay for your daughter to be persistent when expressing interest to a coach, just do not be a pain in the a$$.

- Remember, coaches want players who want to go to their school and play for them, make sure the schools your daughter is truly interested in are fully aware of her genuine interest.

- Remember, if a coach is willing to engage in the process with your daughter (talk with, meet with etc...) but is not willing to make an offer it is most likely because they are still trying to land girls that they have ranked higher on their list. That's okay, no program gets all of the players that they want.

I would like to give an example of #7. My daughter was being recruited by several great schools but there was one in particular that she thought would be “the one”. She had a visit scheduled, but really wanted to move the visit up because she knew there was another group of girls going before her visit and wanted to get on campus first. There were also a few schools that wanted an answer and she didn’t want take too long. So she called the HC and asked if there was any way she could visit earlier, she let the coach know again how she really wanted to play for her and the program. A special visit was set up for her and another girl. She committed on the visit. Coach told her she would have to call and cancel the visit with another girl coming the following weekend who was being recruited in the same position. Early bird gets the worm!