Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I personally have Michigan falling. They've lost some really good assistants to Notre Dame, Jax, CMU (new HC), etc. I think their HC is pretty good, but it's a lot of turnover which hurts their prospects IMO.

Michigan is interesting. Over the past 3 years, they've arguable had top 10 recruiting classes each year, but can't seem to put it together on the field. Very athletic and good on defense, but they just don't have the one attacking player who other teams are afraid of.

I don't think it is the lack of a single player, I think it is the style of play and players not necessarily "getting" what they should be doing (as a unit). If you go back and watch their game against Denver at Michigan, when they moved the ball fast (in their sets) they could pretty much score at will. When play slowed down more, they didn't move the ball and unsettle the defense. They also had players that didn't clear the alleys, which you could see was addressed after that game in subsequent games.

That's not a one player missing issue on attack--it's a whole team issue.

I would argue the loss of their assistant coach to Jacksonville put a damper on their offense--take a look at Jax's offense--it's now stellar. I don't think that is an aberration.