Hmmm…the only argument I would say for this post below, is that all these girls beat out everyone else at the combine. So, they were better than the rest of the girls at the combine during that period of evaluation. Hence, they were all interchangeable. Either way, good for all these girls to get committed and play at the next level.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Definitely not interchangeable when it comes to IQ, playing real competition, summer club or high school lax. It is easy to look better than you are when you are surrounded by talent. There was not much real lacrosse being played, the numbers you called out were just happy to be the most selfish. Good experience, poor competition and poor lax play.
If you barely play in HS, have no real HS stats or just came off playing your first year on varisty…are you really interchangeable?
There was only mop up time. It’s not like if those girls didn’t score we wouldn’t have won by any 15 goals 😆
I guess all 22 girls will be up for a Tewaaraton Award at some point.

Team USA u16 girls are all interchangeable. Really no difference in talent. The competition wasn’t that good but they all looked phenomenal out there.

Team USA u16 girls are all interchangeable. Really no difference in talent. The competition wasn’t that good but they all looked phenomenal out there.

14,17, 1 , 16 and 7 stood out for sure. The others dominated in mop up time. Not a great opportunity to evaluate though.

I agree with the first poster, if you mean “stood out” by not passing to wide open teammates and try to show off trick shots against weak competition I guess you are right. Making the team was way more impressive than what I saw. They would have been better off keeping the top 44 girls and making 2 teams and having them play each other. Then the ball hogs wouldn’t look so impressive.