Originally Posted by Anonymous
College coaches who recruit for a living obviously disagree with you. IL, an organization that evaluates players disagrees with you.

It’s not only about club lacrosse. What does your HS career look like? Are you a good teammate? Are you a good leader, potential captain? Do your teammates and coaches like you? Do you play the game the right way all the time? Are you selfish? Does your individual success matter more to you then the success of the team? If you are using the U16 tournament as a gauge there is a reason you don’t do this for a living.

I agree with the first poster. Club directors pumping up certain kids. Not saying to ten are not good players, but I really think the class in general does not have 10 players that are any different than the top 50 players. They are all interchangeable. Just look at the USA U16 team. The supposed top 10 girls there did not look any better than the rest of the girls on that team.
[/quote]The team USA U16 or any of the youth select teams isn't the best example to use for the point you're trying to make. Because they take just about anyone who just happened to perform well at tryouts. They don't go with a true measure of the best girls with the best overall body of work. I've seen girls who were fringe top 100 players make those teams. If you have a good day at tryouts, you can get in. They've expanded the player pool in recent years so the qualifications to even get invited for tryouts has been watered down. I've looked at rankings for past years and the trend that emerges is that the top 5 are generally the best of the best. Almost guaranteed success of some type at the next level and many become susperstar level players. 6-20 are the best of the rest. Not sure things but these players are generally star level players at the next level. Outside the top 20 the difference is negligible. ofcourse there are outliers here and there but the trend holds true for the most part.