Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just got back with my kid from Lake Placid Summit classic tournament. It was a last minute add for us so I hadn't paid a lot of attention to the rosters/schedule until I was there.

In addition to the regular local-ish New York, New England teams (Spallina, Storm, 3D, Salt City, etc) I noticed that there was an entire division of teams for college hopefuls/commits from all over the country. Teams like Baby Blues (UNC), Baby Saplings (Stanford), Ydogs (Yale). Given that each college only recruits a handful or two of players each year, how are there enough recruits to field an entire team?

Can anyone shed light on how this works - are girls on these teams selectively invited and coached by the regular lax coach? Is this seen as a potential way for college coaches to actually coach and interact with high schoolers? There was absolutely no evidence of any official recruiting (coach zones, VIP coach tent etc), just a thousand or so high school lax players.

Was there any college coaches in Lake Placid doing recruiting?

on the girls sides, barely and those that were there were D3. Many more on the boys side.