Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why the detest on Coastal? Arguably, Jacksonville is a better lacrosse school but I cannot say they are better academically. It appears some of you are willing to let Jacksonville slide due to their rankings, but pour out your real feelings when the team doesn't have the ranking.

I am the originator of the post on Coastal. Nothing against Coastal. But I don’t want my daughter going to Coastal.
But I wouldn’t want her going to Jacksonville either. I could care less what their rankings are. I wish my daughter goes to the best school academically she can make and play lacrosse at. That is not Coastal. I’m sorry. Great location but not a great school.

Education, prestigious, and employment wise, it matters more where your daughter gets her graduate degree (s). An undergraduate B.S. is just a B.S. degree no matter what university she attends.

Lol, kids coming out of top 10 schools get the best jobs and are receiving starting salaries of over $150k. BC and MD grads are not offered the same jobs Princeton and Penn grads. Also is very hard to get into a prestigious graduate school coming out of a mediocre undergraduate program where you major in lacrosse. Not saying it never happens but odds are against.

Plenty of BC and MD grads doing VERY well for themselves!! Check out the alumni networks. News flash, not all companies necessarily love ivy grads. Pretentious

Umm…okay

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...k-up-on-alumni-salaries/?sh=7cbec2de5fff

You must not have gone to any of those schools... if you read the article, you would know the data is ONLY a comparison from the Top 25 OVERALL Forbes-rated schools... it doesnt mean the median salaries from BC, MD, and the like are any less.