Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This conversation is very fool. So if my child, who goes to a non-rich public HS, who has very good but not brainiac grades, and we make good but not great salaries (blue collar $ but probably nothing needs based here)…do I even bother to have her attempt to play lax in college? Lmao? Cause according to you experts she doesn’t sound like she has a chance! I’m not sure why I stop by to read. Every few pages I find something worthy.

I think the comments above were in response to the posts re why do a lot of prep school kids get recruited, and the nefarious theory that coaches like rich families. The responses were theories why kids from prep schools were actually recruited. You shouldn’t take that as an inference that a public HS kid with modest family income can’t get recruited. Stay focused on your daughter and her needs and don’t read into all of this discussion. Kids from all over get recruited.

I believe the original post was saying why certain schools (Ivys) end up recruiting so many prep schools kids ?
Kind of obvious, Academics and Dollars.

Of course “regular” kids can and do get recruited! More so than the prep school kids. Lacrosse is actually great to have her play, as it can be the reason lots of doors open to colleges that wouldn’t be so easy to get into without Lacrosse. Perhaps, even the Ivys! Schools with 5% acceptance rates.

Lacrosse is s door opener and even more so for us regular people. Gives our kids more opportunity.