Originally Posted by Anonymous
Great Box tournament last weekend leads me into this question. Any other local box tournaments around? I know about Philly.

I didn't know there are any box tournaments on Long Island. Where was it played at?
Who won? Who looked good and who didn't?

Express played great and Rebels (Outlaws) did not belong in the tournament.

First off every goalie was lights out and had to be a little crazy from all the one on one shots.
Secondly NOTB and the Warriors seemed to have more knowledge about the game and its rules than everyone else. Especially the shot clock and how to use it. NOTB was just kids that signed up for the NOTB winter box training. I think this tournament was just part of that training and they wanted to scrimmage other teams. Warriors just didn’t seem to have the size to compete against the Island Box team (Igloo A) and NOTB kids being a mixed group was at a disadvantage. However both of those teams had a decent showing for sure. Island Box lost to Express in the ship. That game got chippy right away. Every game O saw was exciting and the boys seemed to be having fun. It was posted on tourney machine.