Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Almost every kid on the turtles has been on a different team each year or so.Not saying they will crumble but the coaches have their work cut out for them.
Most of those parents by the end of the year won’t be happy with something and will be looking to move AGAIN where the grass is greener.lol
Good luck to the kids and coaches!

Coach, you're a fake. Just get over your ego. Before tryouts you and your over baked leather skinned side kick mom attempted to convince several of the families you are trashing to come play for you. Luckily, they turned you down.Families are free to go where ever they feel necessary, and you have no control over it. Maybe you should sped more time focusing on your team as a whole, rather than a few favorites. The parents that left, saw right through your and your little minion side kicks B.S. Remember kids don't fail adults, adults fail kids.

Wow. Someone sounds bitter!! That's not a good look.

I only know a few of the kids that went to Turtles. None are bad players, FYI. None are standouts though, which is why they left their old teams and opted for a fresh start. I don't blame the parents at all. Travel lax has become insanely expensive. To be on a team and watch your son ride the bench, or not play as much as others, is unacceptable. With so many options available, why wouldn't it make sense to find a team where you think your son will play?

The notion that you need to have him on a top club or he won't be noticed is antiquated. Showcases are a scam. Many kids on top teams won't go to D1 schools. This is the reality. The top half on each of the top few clubs may play at a ranked D1 school, but most won't. Showcases have become money grabs where 120 coaches come to watch 5-10 specific players and don't care about the rest. Trust me, my oldest is graduating this year. I've been through it first hand. The showcases are not the avenue that you need to get noticed.

Everyone needs to relax with the "my team is better than yours" bulls@#t. None of it matters. Kids don't get better on the bench. Find a team where he'll play and keep this infantile trash talk and comparisons out of the equation. It's your son on the field, not you. Let him enjoy the ride.