Originally Posted by Anonymous
DK is still with S2S he is now coaching the younger teams to try and build the program. MR took 2023 over there is no issue with DK and S2S. The team for that matter I have no idea I only heard they lost one starter. I heard Igloo lost 6 bak ups to the Turtles and two started to Express.

Turtles picked perfect year. They will be a team to watch for sure.

Turtles ownership were able to foresee the path youth lacrosse is heading towards. If you take into account what the turtles accomplished with the 2017 group and now the 2020 team, naturally, it was worth having kids tryout.

Yes foresee the ability to make some money just like the rest of the clubs.if they only had 1 team I could agree but the fact that they are expanding to more grades just shows the money that's out their for them to take advantage of.

Buyer beware with this team. One of the parents tried recruiting my kid with lies and a bunch of trash talk. I decided to stay put, and it looks like I made the right decision. The 6-7 “top” kids on this team are on their third or fourth team in as many years. There’s a reason kids bounce around so much. Cancerous parents with an unrealistic opinion of their son’s ability and selfish play on the field.

Also, I would be very cautious of the “everyone is going to play equally” promise. As a new club, they’re going to need to win. That means shortening the bench in every close game.

Remember that before you cut a check.

I am trying to figure out what your issue is here.
1. Consumer choose to take money to different store. Would you prefer they stay where ever and pay $4k + Travel + Hotel to watch their kids play. If you check the older boards they will tell you it's no fun for the kid just being on a top team and as a parent you want to enjoy watching them play

2. Every team has crazy parents. If the world was perfect and everyone would get along and that parent must know your kid in order to have that conversation. I can't see a stranger having this conversation with some random kid off the street so if you don't like the guy don't have him talk to your child period.

3. If that scenario you mentioned above happened with the coach I would say (RED FLAG) this happened with a random parent. How does that reflect on the team unless that person was speaking for the team.

I was at the tryout with my son but choose to go someplace else. They did say players earn playing time in close games. Just remember great players can't get looks on the bench or in 10-1 blow out games.