Originally Posted by Anonymous

now that is funny, first using 2022 on a town team, i have never heard of a town team doing that, especially not GC where you wait your turn in the program, a program that goes to the LIC or NYSC each year, so your 2022 claim is a lie, and so is the clock bs. If your are a WP parent, get over it. enjoy the ride to the WSYL, but don't disparage a town, a team, a coach or the kids.
You have this whole thing backwards, a 24 team played well against a 23 team, see the positive and focus on your goal. To freak out now over a fall game is nuts, so much more pressure to come. You won't make it to July.

the gc 23's played up then came back to play with actual team.

Not a WP parent, but now I’m curious. Did these 23’s not play in the previous two games? Because nobody from GC has explained how GC ties BBL which WP obviously blew out. Based on the score, the game was not competitive. Somebody from GC please explain that. Because to this point, all I’m hearing is a lot of bragging about the GC program, but no explanation. That is the question that needs to be answered.

No explanation needed. A tie game means the teams were evenly matched, which is what we should all want when we attend a tournament. Both teams were challenged. That is a good thing. This bracket was set up well based on the amount of tie games. Kudos to the directors

An explanation is most definitely in order. Getting on here and arrogantly saying "I'm from GC, how dare you challenge this program" isn't an answer. This is youth lacrosse, the Wild West of youth sports. Pulling stud players from other teams, is beyond commonplace. I looked at the scores. While I don't know anything about Wolfpack, something definitely stinks here. Sounds to me like GC is bashing Wolfpack parents as a smokescreen, to divert attention away from something they are hiding. What is GC hiding? The scores definitely don't add up.

GC is a reputable team. The coach of the 2023’s is the varsity coach and has never played to win. He consistently put that town team in A brackets for the last 4 years, that I know of, and they got beat down more often than not. My sons team generally beats them by close to 10 goals every time they play. The coach doesn’t worry about that. He’s doing it to make the varsity program better.

When it comes down to it, it’s merely a matter of matchups. Maybe WP leading scorer was shut down by a GC defender. Maybe WP middies are not big or strong enough to cover the big fast GC kid (coach’s kid I think). Maybe GC dominated the X. Maybe WP defender could stop a GC attack. All it takes is one of those things to happen and the game is drastically changed. Comparing common opponents can be used as a guide, but it doesn’t really mean much when the horn blows.

To come on here and accuse them of cheating just because they beat a team that’s a year younger is a little ridiculous, don’t you think? WP is a, primarily, 2024 team. They will beat a bunch of 2023’s, for sure, but definitely not most of them. They are supposed to lose. JA is smart, just like JS, he plays them up in weak tourneys so they can get used to bigger opponents. That doesn’t mean more skilled, just bigger.

Bro. You weren’t even at the game. GC didn’t win. It ended in a tie. Why are you commenting if you weren’t even at the game??