Originally Posted by Anonymous

It is what it is. Sometimes it hurts when you rip the bandaid off. This was a good tournament for those team and the Wolfpack ruined for them all. The point is correct, put any A team in the bracket, 2023 or 2024, and those teams get beat pretty badly.

My kid actually enjoyed playing the Wolfpack. The competition was a challenge. I just don’t like that they need to over inflate the score. Why is that necessary?

Where was the score overinflated? And why are you making such a big deal about the score. Whether they won by 10, 20 or 30 it doesn’t matter. It could have been any score the pack wanted to make it. A few goals is completely inconsequential, so relax. In the end, you’re right. The pack should not have been there. Our understanding was that this was an A tourney. We expected VERY good competition. That obviously didn’t happen. Something definitely went wrong somewhere. Believe me, we know we have a very good team and we are looking for challenges to get better. Tourneys like that don’t help us at all, in fact if anything they hurt the team.

Ok, this is one big lie. We all have been at this for along time. Your coach and director knew what teams were going to be there for some time, you yourself knew for a few days. “The pack”, lol, had sole time to dropout. Organizers contact the coaches to review brackets and scheduling from a week to two weeks before. The schedule comes out three to four days before. YOU WERE NOT SURPRISED BY ANYTHING WHEN YOU GOT THERE. You enter tourneys all the time that don’t help you. You only play up in B and C tournaments.
[/quote]

Wow, that made absolutely no sense... elite teams look for C teams to beat up on to make them better. Completely brilliant!! I never would have thought of that! But, one good deed deserves another, so now I got one for you. If that were true, then the pack definitely did their homework and found the absolute BEST tourney of the WORST teams on Long Island, because the teams at that tourney couldn't have been any worse. You may want to think baseball for those young'ns.

[/quote]

See, this is where you make yourself look like an donk with your stick to baseball comment. The kids in this tournament didn’t pretend to be anything they weren’t. Nobody running around saying they were the best. They are kids who want to play lax and were in a skill appropriate tournament. You were delusional if you looked at the list of teams playing and thought this is top talent. Have you ever heard of the Machine before? As stated earlier your directors could have pulled you out. They didn’t. Your lineup for this weekend will be more of the same. Maybe you should speak up and say you want to play with some of the teams that went to Denver. [/quote]

Hey baseball boy. Never heard of the Machine before unless it’s the Ohio version, but I have heard of the Preds before, which are hands down the top program in Westchester. And the ‘23 team went to Denver last year. Yeah, we did our homework. THAT is the team we were told we would be playing, and the reason we were at your little tourney. Obviously there was a miscommunication somewhere. We gain nothing by playing what amounts to moving pylons. That’s right, one good insult deserves another.