Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is there anyone else that’s pretty much lost interest in this whole travel lacrosse scene? We have 2 boys and a baby girl with the 14yo being the oldest and the little guy too young to play yet. My 14yo loves to play and I enjoy watching, but this has become an ordeal. Especially the away tournaments. I feel like we are in a heard of sheep at these events. Now that high school is around the corner, is there really any benefit in continuing this? He is a very good player, so I feel he will get noticed regardless. Am I wrong? Do colleges really focus on travel lacrosse more so than school ball? I get there are conflicts in the school season, but don’t colleges with competitive lacrosse programs scout high school anymore?
At this point, we already know who will beat who, so there is no point playing them again. Very few, if any, impact players are leaving their teams and many organizations will bring guest players to ensure a win if they feel a tournament will be competitive. My son has been asked to help other teams at times which I declined. I’m not here to brag, just fed up with the scene.

Your so fed up you cane on a lacrosse message board to discuss

Unless your son plays for an elite HS like Manhasset, GC, Chaminade, St. Anthony and a few others, his chances of being recruited out of HS are diminished. He can create a great highlight video from his HS games but that is only step 1 in the process and the colleges will want to see him playing live. One efficient way is to play for a club team that goes to the tournaments where most of the coaches attend. Since this is a 2023 forum you will have until at least Fall of their sophomore year before colleges will even glance at this grade. To answer your question, club lacrosse is not absolutely necessary but will make it easier to get noticed when the time comes.