Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WSYL blows the Warrior games out of the water. Shouldn't even be spoken about in the same sentence.

You know it’s two complete different type of events, right? One is a team based tournament the other is a player based tournament. You know you can’t send your team to the warrior games, right? Warrior is a fun, end of season event, much like a camp. It’s a place for kids to enjoy Lacrosse and meet new friends on the teams and play against kids from other parts of the country. You also know that WYSL and Warrior Games are run and sponsored by the same companies, right? Do you want me to end or should we keep at it?

I'd respectfully disagree as many of the WSYL teams are not teams during the rest of the season since there is an age cutoff. Just off the top of my head:

Team Israel, Michigan, Colorado, Big 5, Evolve were teams formed from kids from several regular season clubs. Long Island is the outlier i think in having closer to pure teams since their school year lends itself more to the age cutoff for the WSYL and their talent depth on the top teams is stronger.

Additionally, I'd argue that most of the kids enjoyed the pomp and circumstance and meeting new kids and the chance to play with new kids on their own teams and other teams in the hotel and other events to be the best part of that tournament.

I don't think any tournament can compete from an overall "experience" to the WSYL but that comes with a pretty big cost as well. I personally like that there are so many different offerings for kids (some more competitive, some more about the "experience", some a hybrid). It's unfortunate that people feel the need to compare them and challenge which one is the best rather than embrace the choices and participate in the ones that fit your team/players goals