Originally Posted by Anonymous
the lacrosse network in Manhattan is ridiculous on wall street - every year intern classes and training programs are littered with college lax players, traders, sales people etc.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a fact, although I'm not in finance my cousin is and he says every year a new crop of interns and new hires are former Lax players. He always jokes and says playing Lax is a great for your resume in the finance world. I'm not saying this applies in all cases but Alumni take care of there own.

Attending college and playing lacrosse for D1 or D3 demonstrates character and commitment. While getting a college degree doesn't guarantee success as a professional it does improve the chances. Playing lacrosse demonstrates to a prospective employer you are willing to work hard and sacrifice in order to be successful. Don't under-estimate the power of the lacrosse community. So much more powerful than just a degree from a school or even belonging to a fraternity where you only really hang out with the kids you went to school with. Lacrosse players, whether past or present, have a mutual respect for one another.

why never the talk of D2.

D2 is a bust. Look at Dowling. What a disaster!

Idiotic post. Their problems had nothing to do with D2 lacrosse. In fact, lacrosse was one of the few things that school did well.