Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ok, have to jump in here. As I was at the tournament. First things first. The wolfpack was and is a good team. But they really did nothing for themselves. Why show up to a tournament thats not even competitive. Shame on the tournament directors for allowing it. Really if the boys are going to play up the rules should be played as the game was designed. I have never seen so many flags. This is a contact sport and should be played as such.

I didn't have travel lacrosse (shows my age) but played some hockey and we couldn't play in a non "a" tournament with our team we were only allowed 3 "a" players for each team regardless of the age group playing up. Something for the directors to think about. But as long as we keep forking over the money then they wont care.

Everyone needs to relax here. Its really not that big of deal who beat who by what. As these are 13-14 year olds. Its fall ball first off. Enjoy your kids cause they can play and they are healthy to run around. Listen 99% of these boys aren't going to play in college. Does that make them "doormats" I don't think so. So you should really watch what you say as it only take 1 injury to your kids to put him on a doormat team. These kids take their opinions from us. We treat the other team like door mats then they will also. Then when another kids responds to that, everyone is shocked.

So remember this is a game, play it for fun. Last I looked we all are paying for our kids to play. Thinking about that. Some of you are paying 4000-5000 a year. IF they are good they will be good no matter what the score was in 8th grade "B" tournament. I know kids who don't play travel but yet go division 1. So doormat dad get a life. go back to your age group. as if we could play full contact maybe the game would be different.

Just my opinion

Having seen Bandits since 3rd grade and Wolfpack for past 2 years, I am confident in saying the formula they use to make an awesome lax team is the best. Their teams have smacked by sons team around in precision, speed and smarts. WP looks the same as Bandits, maybe less some star power. And the squad uses on-age WSYL players to get ready as other big names fail to adjust to losing their holdbacks.

It is smart to play up vs older B teams as this time because it is part of WSYL prep. Learn how to play with bigger, more aggro opponents to reinforce ball movement and seeing the field fully. If the B teams get embarrassed, that is their problem.

I always hear parents marveling at how great Bandits and WP play the game when on sidelines watching them for first time. They are impressive. More teams should follow the model to build skills against taller, bigger, faster opponents.