Originally Posted by Anonymous
Exactly. The re-class talk usually ignores the social impact on a kid. Of course he is mocked, viewed as a dummy by everyone. No one says it to the parents face but its a fog that hangs around the kid. That impact much greater than upside of beating up on younger kids for sports glory.

Its really too bad the debate isnt about too many kids playing up. Thats what families should aspire to. Research shows kids who play and work and socialize with older kids elevate themselves and are strivers. Kids held back act dumb and become dumber to fit in. The competitive dads see youth sports stars not what their kid will become as a man.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't ever get involved in the holdback debate because honestly its just an old debate that will never change. My son is 13 and will be 14 in April I don't mind him playing against holdbacks it makes him try harder and want to beat them because they are older, just my opinion. However I do like the above post, makes a lot of sense.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Exactly. The re-class talk usually ignores the social impact on a kid. Of course he is mocked, viewed as a dummy by everyone. No one says it to the parents face but its a fog that hangs around the kid. That impact much greater than upside of beating up on younger kids for sports glory.

Its really too bad the debate isnt about too many kids playing up. Thats what families should aspire to. Research shows kids who play and work and socialize with older kids elevate themselves and are strivers. Kids held back act dumb and become dumber to fit in. The competitive dads see youth sports stars not what their kid will become as a man.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't ever get involved in the holdback debate because honestly its just an old debate that will never change. My son is 13 and will be 14 in April I don't mind him playing against holdbacks it makes him try harder and want to beat them because they are older, just my opinion. However I do like the above post, makes a lot of sense.

agree with above.my 15 yr old jr has been on varsity since 9th grade. he is a much more mature person/player because of it
#nohonorplayingdown