Originally Posted by Anonymous
As does poor leadership - that team is lead by one individual who focuses in on those who share the same zip code - guess why they can never get over the hump...that team will dismantle soon enough the declining numbers are a clear indicator - I’m sure the director was sold a false bill of goods as to why...only a matter of time

Igloo can’t get over the hump? I’m not sure I understand. What hump? The are a top 3 team on LI and probably top 5 or 6 in the nation. Whatever they are doing is not only working, but should be the model for clubs seeking growth and success to follow. Your statement is so irrational that it’s laughable.

They are very good but Top 5-6 is a stretch... Top 15 in the nation is more realistic. And anyone in the top 15 can play, compete, and beat any of the others on any given day.

2023: Ranking (note hard to rank due to so many players playing multiple teams)

1. ACS (Holdbacks)
2. DC Dogs (holdbacks)
3. True National (holdbacks)
4. 91 (WSYL)
5. Express (WSYL)
6. Hawks - ACS players (still holdbacks)
7. Duke National (holdbacks from holdback teams can only play when other holdbacks are available)
8. BL (less holdbacks)
9. Freedom (more holdbacks)
10. Crabs (without ACS players)
11. Looney's
12. laxachusetts
13. Igloo
14. FCA
15. NL
15. Shore to Shore
15. Primetime
15. HHH
15. BBL
15. WCS
15. TX Mustangs

I would say Igloo is about 13 and that is a fair ranking for this team. Note that the rankings do not account for age/grade players. If age based the rankings would be 100% different. USL should take note.

I'd say your rankings are pretty fair and somewhat accurate. Why you added HHH and BBL is a bit confusing? and I've never even heard of WCS? I'd add Mesa before any of those 3. I'd also say that your information on the PA teams having holdbacks is inaccurate, most kids in PA are public school kids unlike MD.

Definitely some issues with this list, I agree that BBL probably doesn't belong, BL is definitely too high and I would bet that a lot of LI folks have some very strong feelings on Shore to Shore being included.