Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are you serious? 3d 2023 is terrible. The kids they brought in are nowhere close to being as good as those they lost. That program is reduced to 1 HS team and 3 youth teams. Total dumpster fire.

Agree that 3d is terrible. Disagree that the new kids are not as good as those they lost. Scoreboard says different. HOCO spring: Cavs 7, 3d 3. Indian Summer fall tourney: Cavs 8, 3d 3. Same number of goals scored and almost identical goal differential against same opponent. Facts show the talent exchanged between spring and fall was about the same. But if your kid left 3d to join vlc or wherever, I can understand your confusion on the issue.

Thanks for adding humor to my work day. First, no one really cares about these two teams except a few parents. I did not author either of these previous posts but my son left 3d and went to VLC and I will say I do not think either team along with CAV's are "terrible." I will not also care or comment if my son is better than another kids on the team In fact, I think these players on all of these teams will be the top players at the HS level is a few seasons. Some of them may even play in college. I also coach "rec" and although I hate that word I will tell you these teams play at a much higher level than NVYLL and have good coaching. However many of the facts on this board are off. First 3d did not play Bethesda it was NL, Second, VLC did not loose to Mad Lax by 4-5 goals there is no such thing as a score of 4 or 5. It was 4 at was tied until late in the game. It was VLC's first game. Last the 3d v. Cav's HOCO game was also very close tied until late in the game. I did not see the second time they played. If you post at least get the details correct. Until then, enjoy watching the kids grow. None of these teams or kids are "terrible" and they will enjoy facing each other in HS. The players on these teams are actually close in skill including Madlax. I do not think driving hours to MD is worth it in the long run to play college lacrosse. If your son is skilled enough they can make it to the next level. CAV 2018 has a ton of kids playing in College. I hope I covered the most recent posts. Fun reading!

Cavs is 95% the same. 100% the same at the starting positions. Grabbing some third line mids and 6th/7th pole did not make a difference.