Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Son went to school with two of the boys and they are supposed to be rising 10th graders ! 2021. That is so bad and that’s just two he knew

Watched part of the game with my son. The craziest thing was the Dog parents cheering like they won the lottery at the end! If their kids are rising 10th graders, that’s 15! Most 2023 kids are 12/13! You’re cheering because you beat kids 2 and 3 years younger??? I don’t get it. What am I missing here? Seems pretty embarrassing to me. [/quote
That's what it has become. Win at all costs. You cant even say that the boys are getting better playing against kids 2 to 3 years younger. The dogs with much older kids even took the best kids from another team just to try to win. Disgrace.

This is ridiculous- every time someone loses to a team they make excuses about the kids being older. It just isn’t true. Even the MIAA has eligibility rules - can’t be 19 before entering your senior year of high school. Do you really think that people would risk missing a season of highschool ball to play youth lacrosse...do the math, it’s just not probable.

Just because a kid is big, does not mean he is older. There’s this thing called puberty that rears it’s ugly head right about now. One of the biggest and most talented kids on my sons team is the youngest by far. The few summer birthday ‘holdbacks’ are some of the smallest kids on his team.

Let’s just chalk it up to a good team and a competitive season with no one truly dominating like they have in the past. Hawks, DC Dogs, Team 91, Express, Dukes, ACS, True, have all proven to be worthy opponents... hopefully they all play again soon. There always has to be a winner and a lost. Seems like some adults need to learn that just as much as the kids.

No, There is a reason why the vitriol is aimed at allowing older players to compete against younger players in youth sports. Simple reason..IT IS WRONG .

Apologists like you need to realize giving an advantage to a select group of children goes against everything that is taught to our youth of today.

Thinking that all these kids are not older ( prefirst/reclass/heldback/failed.etc) and telling us it is puberty is laughable.