Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow! I just spent way too much time reading this garbage and I'm embarrassed to be a part of this mess. Why so much hate? Who cares who the best team is? Is that really that important? Isn't the idea for kids this age to develop into the best players they can be and learn life skills like how to compete, sportsmanship, teamwork and learning how to win and lose with class and dignity. What kind of example are you setting for your children? Lacrosse is the ultimate team game. Does it make you feel better if your son is on a team with 3 amazing players and they win every tournament? Or if your team loses to that team with 3 studs, does it make you feel better to tear down the winning team because those 3 studs could possibly be hold backs? We are talking about 7th grade boys! My guess is that most of you have never played or know what it takes to play division 1 lacrosse or even competitive D3 lacrosse. And if your kid is any good, in 2 years he'll be in high school playing against kids that are 3-4 years older than him. What are we teaching our kids if when they lose, and all they hear about is that the other team cheated because they have hold backs. What ever happened to teaching your kid to learn from the loss and to pick themselves up and get back to work. Stop your crying and finger pointing. It's pathetic. Life isn't always fair and the sooner kids learn that the better off they will be in life, not just in sports. Stop coaching from the sidelines, stop crying to the refs, stop putting down other peoples kids and enjoy the moment. It will be over before you know it. There is no gold at the end of the rainbow. What is it that you are looking for? Is it the 1/4 scholarship offer? You already spent that savings in the club fees you've been paying and travel expenses. Does it make you feel like YOU accomplished something if your son succeeds in lacrosse? I just don't get it. I'm sure some [lacrosse] will be quick to rip me anonymously on here for this post. Have at it.

Why respond to the trolls... you are making the assumption that they actually believe this stuff. Most of these posters are simply trying to get you worked up. I feel just like you... but this is my first post. I do admit to being addicted to reading the posts. Like watching terrible reality television. Go to a tournament - most parents are respectful on the sidelines although a few coach, whine, and officiate. Most understand that their kids are in it for the life lessons - although some are living vicariously through their children.
Don't waste your breath.