Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Fred44
2023 top division should be done one of 2 ways-

7 top teams- Club Blue Hawks Crabs FCA Looney's BLC NL all play each other once. No easy games, all teams play each other. Only con is uneven # requires byes, midweek game. I guess leaves out teams that might want higher comp

or

12 teams Club Blue Hawks Crabs FCA Looney's BLC NL 91 Madlax, South River, Cavalier, VLC.

6 team divisions. You play each team in division and 1 cross division game. 1st and 2nd place in each division make playoff. Divisions based on last years finish-

Div 1 - Club Blue FCA Bethesda Looneys 91 VLC
Div 2 - Crabs Next Level Hawks Madlax Cavalier SR

Inter division games would be against similarly ranked team from last year. Ie Crabs play CB, VLC play SR etc.. The 6 teams that had winning records in AA would have 3 games vs each other plus a game vs either Looneys or MAdlax and a couple of games that they should win easily.

I liked the Second option until " Crabs play CB, VLC play SR ". I prefer that the last week of the season the 1st pays 6th and break down like a playoff, and then you have the 7 weeks. No need to have Crabs play CB to destroy one team's season, and it does not affect the mid table teams as they would play each other under both Rules.

I would think the top teams would want to play as many games as possible against like competition. Not sure how Crabs and CB playing each other destroys as season. If they are one of the top teams they should have no problem going 4-1 in division.