Originally Posted by Anonymous
Calling all 2023 kids who are good but not happy with your team!! Madlax has 3 tryouts a year go to the website and sign up for the Spring tryouts. There 2023 team is not good at this time but this team will be playing at all the top events and in front of all the top college coaches. During the next 5 years. No one on here can argue the fact that Madlax will be at the best tournaments. If you are smart this is the prefect grade and time to come to a Madlax team. I promise you other good players from the Cavs and other B level teams will be at these spring and summer tryouts . Get in now. I will sit back and let the Madlax haters chyme in to this post but there hate should prove to you I am correct and you need to put your son in a better spot.

I am not a Madlax hater and do not have a 2023 age son. I do hate this post for many reasons. First, if you are a parent or part of Madlax why are you saying this team is not good? Compared to what? What message does this send? Invite kids to come because the kids we have are terrible? Why would any kid want to join that? If you are a B level player we can play in high level tournaments that you will not win, but a coach may recruit you blindly? I am not sure if you are a parent or work for the business which is Madlax, either way you are doing any parent a disservice with this advice and do not have a clue how college recruiting works. College coaches do attend top tournaments. However, if you are on a bad team that is playing poorly how will that help? Coaches do not find players, they watch players they already have on a list. If a player is interested in a school, the camp and prospect day is still the best bet. Get good grades, email the coaches. They may not respond but they will check the message and may look out for you at a tournament so send them your tournament schedule. UA, Brine, Warrior also provide chances to play to an audience of college coaches. The best thing a player can do is market themselves to schools they want to attend and get good grades. My last point and the item that bothers me the most about this post is the idea that one should only play for a team to get noticed by a college coach. Kids should play for a club because it is fun. If Madlax is not competitive at a AA level maybe play in a few lower tournaments from time to time for the kids to have fun. If you think club lacrosse is some sort of future investment you are doing it wrong. Madlax will not get a player recruited, the play on the field will. How about join Madlax because we have great coaches who will help develop a player to be the best he can in a competitive environment, make new friends, and prepare to make your HS team. In addition it is "their" 2023 team not "there" 2023 team.

Another troll. No way a Madlax parent or staff wrote the initial post. Author just taking a cheap shot at Madlax. Unlike 2024, 2023 is not winning tournaments. They went 2-4 in HOCO Elite last year and this year will be similar. 2023 is a few players away especially on the defensive half. The original poster is likely an ex-Madlax dad trying to cause trouble and make himself feel better about the decision to move. A program like Madlax does not need to advertise in the fashion above.

Wrong. He IS a Madlax dad. He is in love with Madlax and has been posting on this board for years. He is honest, though, and recognizes that Madlax 2023 is not very good. He loves the owner and is obsessed with defending Madlax, even as their teams are declining.