Originally Posted by Anonymous
This argument gets sooo old. One more year and it really won't matter. With that, I do think that tournaments should move back to an age based model. I have family and friends with kids that are 13 and when I asked what team they are playing wondering if my son born in June '05 might play them, they are also summer '05 they responded they are playing 2024. They did not "re-class" but held back in K for other reasons than lacrosse. First, it does give an advantage. Second, most strong teams are full of kids close to the age or past the age cut off. If there were a logical Sept or January age range, an age grouping would end this discussion. However, when a tournament is set up as grade based, then the teams are not cheaters and kids should not be called out they are doing what is within the rules. Making an excuse for losing sends a bad message. It is NOT a safety issue as under the old system and the rec system 7th and 8th graders play together.

No but they are cheating if they have kids that have already completed 8th grade playing against those that haven’t completed 8th grade.