Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Dukes advantage is not they're a national team, or that they played as a team, they won because the have older boys for the grade that are just physically more mature than the other teams. This is a short term advantage that has played out in every grade when boys go through 7th and 8th grade. Won't last, never has.

Igloo looked like a 2023 team in terms of size. Several of the Duke's kids looked like HS players. The LSM who scored the OT goal against Igloo was easily 6'2" and around 200 pounds. The long haired attackman and several of the six foot defensemen can not be on age. No way. I would bet my house that Dukes can't play WSYL because of age restrictions. Igloo is playing WSYL and, when playing kids on age, they will excel.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I absolutely LOVE this! I heard the "6'2" 200lb defenseman" had a blue ox with him too!! This is fantastic."several of the six foot defensemen"! This is so awesome.

Turns out that 3 of the kids aren't age eligible and it's by--and get this now--WEEKS (not the years that you so want to claim) that they miss the 9/1/2004 cutoff. Paul Bunyan who scored the game winner misses it by 10 days, I think. So you get to keep your house. But not your dignity. Because if you can't deal with the fact that a team of 12 and 13 year old athletes played a great tournament this weekend without literally making up lies you're going to need to go ahead and offer up your dignity.

Oh and you're going to tell me that EVERY SINGLE kid who played for Igloo this past weekend is going to also make that 9/1/2004 cutoff? If so, then good for the team because they were a very talented, well-coached team that will do well out west. If not--those stones everyone likes to throw at the DN team better be aimed at a lot of other teams as well.