Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is probably way to early for this but since some of the key fall tournaments have concluded I see some shifts in the rankings going into spring:

Top Tier: (in no order)
Hawks
Crabs
FCA
NL
BLC
Looney's
Middle Tier:
Madlax
Club Blue
VLC
Cav's
SR
API
Lower Middle Tier:
FCA-W
Hawks-B
3d
Lax Factory
PLC
PG
G
Not sure of the rest but there will be close games among a host of teams in B
Koopers, Ground Control, Wolfpack, Rock, NL (red), Club Blue VA, Gator....
All in all it is a strong age group. This is open for discussion but my $.02 is that fall does change the rankings, not just the result in tournaments but the changes in rosters after tryouts. Many players moved teams. All teams may have been missing players. Unless the missing player was a team's goalie and the only goalie on the team, that is not an excuse. Top players do play other sports but also do pick up sticks in the fall. Funny to hear the field condition was an excuse for a club that hosted a tournament. The question going into spring will be which teams will move up or down in the HOCO divisions? Which teams surprised this fall? Most improved? Most depleted?

So Club Blue goes from winning HOCO AA Elite to being a Middle Tier team after a fall season where none of the teams have full rosters. Kind of kills the credibility of everything else you have to say.

HOCO AA Elite should have 8 teams. Easier for final playoff bracket. Your 6 plus Club Blue and Madlax.

I will give you the benefit of doubt that CB may just have had a really off day. Missing players?? Maybe but Madlax may be the third best team in N.VA at this point.