Originally Posted by Anonymous
fall ball is quickly coming to an end. All the kids that play football will be back. And Club blue(cheater hold backs) will be on top of Hoco again.
Elite
Club Blue king of the castle with the most hold backs
Crabs took a hit
BLC improved with new kids
Hawks solid
Next Level only team with NO HOLDBACK
FCA improved
Looney's who knows
Madlax won't win a game should drop
AA
team 89+2 lax factory API south river cannons cavaliers(best team in Virginia can't hang with any elite teams) PG this will be a fun bracket. Good luck to all

I agree; Fall Tournaments are very difficult to judge for several reasons but I do agree Club Blue will still be the team to beat once they get the entire roster on the field. I was at the tournament in Columbia a few weeks ago and I th9ought FCA and NL stood out over the rest of the field. Crabs surely did not look like the same team from last year and Looney's looked big and aggressive but was slow and I impressed with ball their ball movement. If I were to rank the Elite teams based on the some of the lacrosse I saw this Fall my ranking would be:

FCA - much improved and well coached; strong at all key positions, FOGO is scrappy and attack is very strong. I felt they were the most complete team.
Hawks - excellent team; need help at the X. Strong Middie play and tough defensively. Hawks could be easily number 1 as well
NL - great team all around but seemed to be inconsistent from tournament to tournament. Strong at the X and fast. Depending on which team shows up they could beat anyone in the elite division.
Crabs - just because they're crabs and I can not see them falling much further than this; in fact I would not be surprised if they ended up the top team at the end of the year. Strong Goalie play and the attack is still their strength. I believe I saw to FOGO's and both were decent.
Club Blue - see above comment. I have to believe they are missing players this Fall. They looked very mediocre against average competition this past weekend; very poor play at the X.
BLC - I think this team may end up surprising a few team this year. A lot of talent with very strong attack play.
Looney's - I was not impressed with this team but I know they acquired some talent from Crabs and my guess is they will be somewhat stronger in the Spring. I just don't think they can compete with the truly elite teams (Top 3-4) above them. I like their attack play.
Madlax - This team may need to move to AA, but who replaces them? VLC I think looked the best of the AA teams and could compete against the lower tiered Elite Teams

Again tough to really know at this time of the year but this is what I saw over the past 4 weeks. And in case you are wondering I am a BLC parent.

1. Crabs (I am biased) - their FOGO is dominant and they have great attack play - even with the loss of their 9th grade righty.
2. Hawks - If this team gets better at X, they can win HoCo - they could also miss the playoff (again) if they don't find someone better than what they have. They have the highest end talent - best defender, best LSM, best goalie, best attackman.
3. Club Blue - I agree with the above... they have to be missing some kids
FCA/Looney's/and especially NL cannot compete consistently with the teams above.

Unless Crabs plan on bringing some HOLDBACKS in I don't see them as a threat moving forward. GO HAWKS!! #ourfogoisbetterthanyours