Originally Posted by Anonymous
5-6 crabs helmets at looney, didn't count the others. 91 and FCA both had crab helmets as well

Hey guys, think you might be on the wrong thread, 14 years olds should be going into 9th grade, not 7th...

That is hilarious! And true. My son attended 2 different club tryouts and it was comical to see the difference in age and maturation as the kids were putting on their equipment in one big group. So easy to pick out the kids who should be in 8th and 9th grade. My kid's primary sport isn't lacrosse and he is a young 2023 so I could careless about the whole holdback thing but the holdback parents that put their head in the sand and act like it isn't an advantage are quite annoying.

What is hilarious is the fact you think you can tell which middle school kids are older and younger. Years ago I coached u15 rec teams and there is a huge size difference in kids that I know were playing together where they should have. 7th and 8th graders have and always will mature at different levels at this age. I do think the re-class thing is crazy and bad for the sport but I also think many parents are too quick to think they know by watching which kids are older. Not just a lacrosse thing either. There is a video of Lebron James upset because his son was getting beat by another player at a tournament and he called the kid out for being too old. Funny thing is that the kid tweeted that he was so good he got called out by Lebron which probably made his day. I hate to read on this site that kids are called out if they are not older which I have seen.