Originally Posted by Anonymous
a few went to Crabs last year, some went to VLC, 2022's left for Blackwolf but not sure if 2023 did too. Problem is it was the best kids that left. They are still solid, but losing best players doesn't bode well for Elite division in HOCO when you weren't in the top half before.

This sounds right. Capital can still crush all the other 2023 NOVA teams though Cavs and VLC might present a challenge. But Capital still beats 3d by 8-10 goals and Evergreen by 20 goals. Unless Capital picked up some new kids, especially at mid, who can play, my bet is that they will struggle in HOCO Elite. Nothing wrong with being the king of AA if you do not have the horses for Elite. No one has the best team in every age group. For example, Madlax 2024 is probably the best in the nation and 2023 is not. That's the way it goes sometimes.

So after reading this if I was the dad of the best Mid on 3D,VLC or Cavs I would be at the Madlax 2023 tryouts this spring. Or I would be emailing them to see if I can get a late tryout. This is what this site is best for get some Intel and work it for your own good.

Nice try, Cabell

I think what hurts Madlax is the tryout process and the risk of being stuck on the DMV team after fees are paid. They do not confirm team assignment do players need to commit which is why I think they would opt for another team like NL. The top CAV players are too far from Bethesda for practice and very happy with Cav's. They will soon challenge madlax as top NOVA team. . I have to wonder if the players that left teams are really the top players? Usually players look to move if they are not getting enough playing time. I do not think they are flocking to madlax, evergreen is still not good at this age group. Sounds like VLC added but are they top players from Madlax Cap and NL? Did they really get AA players from 3d? did 3d have top players? If they added players from last years 2022 team that team was not great. Club Blue NOVA. S is an unknown. Fact is that there is too many NOVA teams and not enough talent for any NOVA team to compete at the Elite HOCO level. Still good teams just not ready to challenge teams like Hawks, Crabs, CB at 2023.