Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is sad that the one poster keeps calling people cheaters. I detect some deep emotional scarring. Maybe his son is watching from the bench, maybe getting a bit of mop-up duty on occasion. Probably verbally assaults his son on the way home from games. Get ready for the "My son is a starter and top scorer on his team, I just hate cheaters" response.

Just stop cheating

I'm the PP of the kid who had an early medical problem which cost him a year of school. I'm not cheating. My son isn't a holdback so he can be recruited, and he likely won't be recruited.

Take this vitriol to the doorsteps where it belongs. Ryan McClernan. Cabell Maddox. Trig. The other Blackwolf guy and the VLC dad/coach lunatics. Write to them and copy every parent on your team. Seek them out and tell them you are sick of this and want age based teams. Solicit advocates for your position here the right way. I, for one, would fully support that. I'd rather have my son on an age based team than witness this absolute trash all the time these days.

Again, for every few kids and parents you are calling a cheater there is the occasional kid who was held back for a medical reason or an academic reason. The problem is this sport has gotten so disgusting it is just too much for me to hope for that my son won't be the target of an occasional snide comment. This may come as a shock, but at some level I can't go finding a fault in people anymore when they say it walks like a duck and squacks like a duck...because it is usually a duck.

So man up and put your energy into that. Maybe it will go well and you will do all of us and this sport a lot of good.