Originally Posted by Anonymous
This has gotten way out of hand. Of course my son would be only average (if that) on an age based team. He also wrestles (age and weight based) and plays rugby (age based). The club he is with won't play kids up. They slot kids by grade. I could drag him around to find a club that will play him up a grade, but what is the point in that? I'm not going to drive 45 minutes each way to find that kind of fulfillment. I also think the reasoning in his case is flawed. He's not an early recruit. He isn't robbing anyone of their precious looks. He's having fun playing some lacrosse and will play HS lacrosse and that will be it.

What makes lacrosse a horrible sport are the club owners and then the parents are close behind. I didn't make these leagues and events grade based. I have no special responsibility to run around to find a club that will play him differently, and that assumes I could. I'm not sure we could just hop over to another club and be embraced because he's not a standout. I get it that some parents have a notion their kid's experience is being tainted and I completely agree that kids repeating 8th grade in droves is cancerous to the sport. I'm not cheating and my kid isn't a cheater because he was bedridden for a year when he was very young. As much as I'd like to smash the cat calling retards who direct comments his way, it's better to just ignore them. Again, not getting it why the tough guys don't have the moxie to take it to the club owners who run the events and the leagues. Standing up ad being tough would be directing this to them, and THAT would be well deserved.

Excuses are just like [lacrosse]holes, everybody has one.