Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just out of curiosity... have holdbacks already started at this age? I was at Severn today and I can't believe there are that many 6th graders - 11 year old or just turning 12 this fall - who are 5'6 or taller. A few per team, but not that many...

It is called pre first..The made up grade between Kindergarten and 1st grade... Only private schools like McD. Boys Latin. St Pauls, etc,,are allowed this magical grade for holdbacks...Once the kids go into first grade they are a year older than most 1st graders...My sons class had over half the boys that were held back in "prefirst"... And apologists spare me that they were all summer birthdays...Bunch were but a bunch were much older...pretty disgusting as most was just to get an advantage..not make sure little johnny was ready for 1st grade...Every private school has them and the number total are staggering,,so to answer your question...yes there is that many

And then a portion of these pre first private school kids then hold back in 8th grade so are affectionately deemed double holdbacks. Just ask Crabs-it is their selling point and the only way they can win.