Originally Posted by Anonymous
Leesburg is the worst. I live in Fairfax. Expensive tolls both ways and fighting commuter traffic to get there from Fairfax on a weeknight. The ideal location for a DMV club is Tysons Corner exit if there are fields. Potomac School? Great Falls fields? Or the first few exits over the Maryland border. Tons of Fairfax County kids go to the Maryland side prep schools. Bullis has a zillion fields. People are going to complain no matter what, but in the end people will also go if the program is the real deal. There are Bethesda carpools to go play for Crabs and FCA almost an hour north. A logical thing is to get access to kids in Loudon, Fairfax, Montgomery, Howard and over to Annapolis / Severna Park areas. Loudon County is the absolute worst. Not enough good players or population there to justify a location there which makes it too impractical for the regions where more and better inventory of kids are.

I always say I would rather drive 35 to 50 mins for a top of the line product. Then drive 5 mins and get about 5 mins of good lacrosse and play with not good players. Its the same argument you need to have when you compare prices of clubs. You drive 50 mins and pay $50 at Ruths Chris steak house. But you will only drive 5 mins and pay $20 for steak at Outback. The same rules can apply to a lacrosse club choice. You have to look at it that way.