Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Madlax 2018 team has fallen apart. Several weak, uninspiring performances this fall. They have been consistently right below Crabs and other top 2018 teams, but it seems like they stopped playing after their top 4-5 guys committed.

Well that is how this thing kinda works. Also you have to remember that most of Madlax top players go to top Private schools. And these top private schools are playing more and more fall and summer tournaments. And I think the parents of the kids who have not picked a college like when the top guys are not there. More time for their kid to be seen. Madlax plays a full schedule every summer and fall. Which is great if you are still looking for a school. But when a school picks you its better to play less and practice more. There is not a easy answer or plan.

I don't think olaying less is the answer. If you commit in 9th grade and only play 12 school games a year , and think you will be preheated for D1 lacrosse , you are mistaken. You need to continue playing at the highest level.

My point is Landon and the others play at least a fall and summer tournament. Then if the kid does a showcase or camp like thing. He will and can miss a couple Madlax tournaments. Which is why to got back the older Madlax teams fall off a little. The Hot bed teams are cutting D1 kids early on so they can bring them on late in the game and not miss a beat. NOVA is not that deep so when the firt line of D1 kids slow down due to early recruiting the fill ins are not as good.