Originally Posted by Anonymous
I don't think it ever hurts to tryout and see. Sometimes it may impact your kid's confidence and/or well being, but it's always good to take a look see. Leaving is more complicated because the aforementioned "brand loyalty" is a factor. Your kid has friends and is comfortable in a given situation and the coaches know him and he is getting quality playing time. Why mess with a good thing? You should also factor in the clubs involvement with HS teams/schools and colleges if that's a concern. It would suck to switch and go from a being a starter to a sub behind an equal or lesser player who has simply been there longer and has the coach's trust (or will play for that coach at his HS team). On the other hand, if the kid would shine in higher play and better competition, then that would be great. It just depends. Club wise, there are no Blackwolf tryouts....he wil find you...part of the "mystique". VLC is pretty loyal to past players and is tied in pretty close to Paul VI....they are also less instructive than the others. Madlax is a known quantity, but I get the sense that there is at least some loyalty to past players as well. I don't think any "rule" applies....it just depends on the kid, his goals, and what grad year team he is on.

I can understand all of this post. But as a guy who has had 2 sons play for Madlax for many years. They play who they think is the best and keep the kids they think are the best. You can look at the Capital teams rosters and see where the kids go to high school. They keep Public school kids over Private all the time. I have seen kids be there top FOGO for 4 years and if a kid comes along better he plays. I think this is one of the main reasons there is such hate for Madlax out in the other clubs. Along with the Crazy owner we know we know.