Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a son who started first grade a year late because he had a medical problem. He's big for his age and is a good, not great lacrosse player on a good club team. I'll be candid to write he seems to be at a bit of an advantage now in middle school because he is older and big for his age. Frankly, I'm sick and tired of this too and just agree it would be better for these kids to be on age based teams. For every kid like my son who is not old for his grade for sports reasons there are many who are just for some sports advantages. I agree that is wrong and we should have age based teams. I hear it sometimes that my son is one of those "reclassified" ones. Jesus, when he was 5 I was many years away from hearing the word reclassify for the first time. What am I expected to do? Explain to all the retards out there why my kid started 1st grade late? That is personal and private. That written, I too resent that this sissy play down stuff and agree it is not for best. I don't understand a parent's discretion to hold a kid back for sports reasons. It cheapens everything.

You could easily play up according to grade which would mean playing at right age. No one is stopping you???

Actually, he couldn't. The club owner has it at grade teams. So that is stopping me. Take this to the doorstep where it matters: the club clowns deserve this, not some kid who had a medical problem when he was 5 and 6 years old.

I've come to believe that the right thing prevailing on this issue (which is your position) has not chance because of idiots (like you) arguing the position all wrong. The blame belongs on the club owners who run the leagues and events. Don't feel all better telling me I should just go find an age based league to play in. In lacrosse there aren't any.