Originally Posted by Anonymous
LOL. You can see who has the young kids. All you posters who have not gone through the recruiting process are very much in the dark. If you have a middle school kid, talk to a HS parent who has already done it. Your eyes will be opened. Not all kids will be D1. If you kid goes D1 the scholarships are split up as every team only gets 12.5. Most kids will play D11 and D111 and the grades will get them more money than sports. Once they get to college they may not play as coaches change once you are there. Better to make sure you kid is having fun and getting good grades than be that crazy parent on the side line. (you know who you are)

I understand this forum is based on crazy people attacking different clubs, Club directors, Tournaments, HS's and parents. Just want to enter some truth into the argument.

I feel you sir. I am going through this youth sport thing with my second child now. And I find myself way more calm and collected with all these topics on this site. Once you do it once you realize its not life or death if your son can shoot 90 miles a hour with his left hand at 12. But with the first I tracked everyone of his skills and what level they where at. When it comes to D1 sports and I mean all D1 sports you are born with what it takes or you are not. And the coaches will find you if you are built for D1 relax and it will come if your son has what it takes. Just let them play and teach them to work hard and play hard and us parents should just sit back and relax and let it happen.