Originally Posted by Anonymous
not correct. the 3 players who played on the 2019 team will not be 15 any time soon.

Lefty and the goalie will be. In rec with them. Not sure about the calvert hall kid.

Well this is the best way to "catch" or find out who is a holdback. Try to find where and when they played Rec. Rec is by age so it should not be hard to come up with a kids age.

Envy or jealousy: resentment of others for their possessions (Dante: "love of one's own good perverted to a desire to deprive other men of theirs"). In the Latin lists of the Seven Deadly Sins, envy is referred to as invidia.

Bottom Line - I've seen this goalie play for a couple of years now... not on his team by the way. And it sounds like you've watched him too. He is just plain good and it hurts your feelings. He would be a good goalie at 2018/19/20 ... don't be butthurt, just make your kid better.

Why do people always bring up "feelings" in this discussion? I've seen the goalie play as well. I also saw the previous 2020 goalie who left the team so this one could take his place. He was also good (for example, Top Prospect camp MVP).

This isn't about "feelings". It's about Integrity. Character. I don't feel "butthurt" as you say. Why would I? I doesn't impress me that a kid who is a year or two older can dominate younger kids. When I teach my kids values, I practice what I preach.