Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous
HoCo spring season will definitely identify the best in DMV. HoCo has great fields and great refs. You can't say that about the vast majority of summer tournaments. Summer Tourneys also have tons of guest players. [b]You never know who will be in the line up one tournament to the next for a club - especially those clubs that have operations in other cities and can easily bring them in with the uniform already in place. [/b]

Just ask FCA this, it is a common occurrence with them. Bringing AA kids down to the "A" team for tournaments.

That's okay because you will get to play the Blue team this year since you whined so much to get into the bracket.

I assume that by you saying "That's okay" that you are admitting that FCA brings their AA team to A tournaments when necessary/needed. Thought so.

Sometimes you need to fill open slots rather than forfeit. I am assuming you would rather have a win by forfeit than actually play a team and earn a win. FCA doesn't really focus on wins and losses but on preparing their players for HS and further on college lacrosse. Look at the commitments in the 17 and 18 classes. Anyone who thinks FCA is focused on W's is off base and ignorant of the focus of the club.

Why did they have to fill slots?

Shame that FCA advises the tournaments their teams will compete ahead of time for scheduling purposes, however can't get commitment from the players or families to show up and play. Speaks volumes on the program and what families actually think of it.

Though watching the FCA White coach at indoor and the disgrace he was, I wouldn't allow my kid to play for him. Yelling and screaming during indoor, turning his backs on the kids...truly pathetic and not very Christian.