Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sometimes a club loses a lot of kids on a particular team. But I've never heard of a club disbanding two teams because of lack of players.

Please don't bring up FCA. The Looneys 2017 team did not lose any kids to that program. Those kiss were not r3cruit3d away by FCA. OT is just that both teams had bad talent and the club gave up on them.

with so many clubs now this will happen more and more. There's bound to be an attrition with the number of kids playing high school club. All these middle club players are not making their HS teams - especially at the MIAA schools. And even those that do but aren't likely to get recruited for college - why pay all that money for recruiting tournaments? So the ones that are left will end up going to a stronger team and you'll see clubs have trouble filling HS rosters. SOunds like this is what happened to the looneys 17/18 teams. Apparently they didn't have enough kids to make a full team register for tryouts. So they pulled the plug early so they ones who wanted to play could find a team. I think some ended up at the green trurtle

I know this is opposite of most of you guys thoughts. But I think the Looneys club should be applauded for canceling a team that was not going to be worth the time and effort. Most clubs would push forward with a team as long as they had 18 body's willing to pay. This tells me someone over there cares about kids not just a pay check.