Originally Posted by Anonymous
All this back and forth is entertaining. End of the day, lacrosse ends after college. The AU “professional” league is a joke and will soon fold. Nobody cares and why would you want to share a room for weeks for barely any money when you could have a real job. I know we all love lacrosse, but c’mon, use it to go to the best possible school and get a great job. The smartest girls use lacrosse for this purpose. Selling your soul to these top 5 lacrosse programs where the coach could basically care less about you 90% of the time when you could have gotten a much better degree elsewhere is just silly. They are using you! Be smart and use them to get into a school you would never had a chance to attend. This opens doors. Those girls are the real winners!

Why do you assume that the players at the Top programs are not going to get a great job or a degree from a great school?

Why do you assume that the coaches at less competitive programs care more about their players?

Why do you say "sell your soul" when talking about the players at the competitive programs?

Why do you assume that players from less competitive programs will earn a much better degree?

Why do you assume that the players at the most competitive programs did not use lacrosse to get into the best school possible?

Why do you assume that all of the players from the strongest programs all choose to play in the AU Pro League?

In no particular order: Best Programs over the past 5 - 10 years.

Top 5 Caliber Programs
- Maryland
- Northwestern
- North Carolina
- Boston College
- Syracuse

Top 10 Caliber Programs
- JMU
- Folrida
- Stony Brook
- Virginia
- Princeton
- Notre Dame
- Penn
- Loyola

Top 20 Caliber Programs
- Denver
- Stanford
- Duke
- Penn State
- USC
- Umass
- Colorado
- Navy
- Hopkins

I'm sure there are 2 or 3 other programs that could be listed as well but the above programs seem to be the programs that consistently finish the season ranked in the Top 20 in the past 5 - 10 years.

The above are all good schools. It is possible to have both a good academic school as well as a good lacrosse program.

The views expressed in your post are one sided and narrow.

I agree with your top 5 lax schools, the rest of the list is interchangeable any given year, no real difference between let’s say a Penn State and a Princeton or a Penn and a UMass, except with one you get a highly selective top 10 school degree, the other you don’t. You may not think that matters but it absolutely does in the job search. Big degree =Big job. And I stand by my statement that AU is complete joke. Only ladies who play are looking for coaching careers. I love college lacrosse, but the “professional” game is unwatchable. Once you graduate college, lacrosse is over, move on

Did you even read their post?

The post that you are responding to clearly says "in no particular order" when referencing the best programs over the past several years. A bit redundant to state "the list is interchangeable" don't you think?

Why do you care if some enjoy playing in the AU Pro league? Why is it a "Joke"? Why are you trying to knock the women who want to continue playing? Why does lacrosse have to end when kids graduate? Considering we are talking about a relatively very small number of players, why do you care?

My guess is that you are trying to indirectly belittle a particular player or players for some reason (we can all speculate as to why). Why else would you be focusing on tearing down the league and the women who compete in the league? Most of the players who are lucky enough to have the opportunity to play in the league would play for free. Do you also condemn adults who play tennis or golf? How about those who ski, jog, run, lift, etc..., do you knock them as well? Should they all move on? We will not hold our breath waiting for answer since you didn't answer any of the questions asked in the other post. Instead of answering, you just popped off with nonsense while trying to bash young women for doing what they love (and for being really great at it).

As far as academics go, all of the schools listed above are good schools and if the student athlete does well in the classroom they will all find a good/great job to start their career. Oh yeah, maybe, just maybe that career will involve coaching.

Congratulations to all of the women who are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to continue playing the game that they love.

Green is such an ugly color at times.

You clearly are a little limited, lol

1. AU will fold and is an embarrassment compared to PLL in the way they treat the athletes. Nobody in their right mind would be involved unless their career is in coaching. Girls going o top academic schools are starting in their new jobs at 120k plus. Think about what you’re saying! Professional athletes who play tennis, golf or ski actually have an opportunity make real money. You did know that I would think.

2. READ what the poster stated. They separated the schools by top 5, top 10, top 20. I disagreed. I believe the top 5 are the top 5. Only Northwestern is a top academic school in that category. None of the others are close. As for the rest of the top 30 schools, it will fluctuate from year to year, so go to the best ACADEMIC school to get a GREAT JOB! Of course, if you’re able.

3. You clearly have issues. Stop acting like a victim. Nobody is being belittled. A top 5 lacrosse school is not the same as a 10-20 lacrosse school, just like a top 5 academic school is not the same as a lower ranked school. Princeton degree is not the same as a UNC degree. Please stop!! Play lacrosse, have fun, but keep the big picture in mind!!

4. NOBODY is jealous! Stating facts!

You really love to spout things as factual when they are not. Honestly the degree from those top academic schools are not always the golden ticket all of you pompous "all that matters is going to a top ranked academic college" clowns think it is. Many grad school programs care first about your score on the grad school admissions test and GPA . I know several guys in the finance world and they strangely want to know a candidates SAT score more so than where they went to school. My state school kid had a lot more opportunities in terms of acceptance into Med school than my Ivy kid and honestly the only difference was the years in which they applied and GPA. Would never tell someone not to go to an IVY etc but acting like it opens so many more doors than the other schools regardless of every thing else is just ignorant.

Umm… most of the top universities do not even require SATs anymore. Keep telling yourself that a UNC degree is as good as a Princeton degree (many schools interchangeable there). My oldest graduated from a top 50 school with a business degree and excellent gpa. He has a good job, but his friends with the same degree that went to Duke, Penn, Yale, Harvard all have great jobs and make quite a bit more. I encouraged my younger children to go for the degree. They have gotten much better internships that have led to job offers. College goes quick, use it to set yourself up for the long future ahead. I get that some want to major in lacrosse, but you can truly have both. Go for the academics first!