Originally Posted by Anonymous
Think we will finally see Clemson in the top 25 this week. Took them five weeks to become a top 25. 😳
Think it is going to take a few years for Clemson to be a contender in the ACC but between the coaches, the new facility, and the campus, they are going to be very attractive for top talent and awesome transfers in the coming years. I also don’t recall a new team ever having a recruiting class like their incoming 23’s and 24’s

Most likely more than a few years before Clemson becomes a contender. Would be happy if any of my kids had the opportunity to attend Clemson and play for The Tigers but I believe it will be a while before they become competitive with the traditional top 10-20 programs. Even though the sport has grown we still do not see any real parity. There is a limited amount of talent and the top programs are for the most part all very good academic schools with a lot to offer in addition to competitive lacrosse. I think they have a good coach which is start but they still need to bring in the talent and apparently that is not so easy to do (Just ask the majority of coaches who rarely if ever crack the Top 20... that's about 95 coaches out of 120).

Let's remember that this Clemson team is built through grad transfers, something new programs prior to 2020 didn't have access to. 2 best players are grad transfer from Oregon and Davidson. This won't be a sustainable model once Covid extra eligibility ends.

I anticipate them being a solid mid-tier ACC team who makes the tourney more often than not. However, probably many years off before they seriously contend.