Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Coastal Carolina, we're at the beach" No, Conway, SC is not the beach.

In fairness. It is 20 minutes away and the kids go a lot

Funny, my 2025 daughter gets home from school and shows me the Coastal Instagram. They were on the beach yesterday hanging out. She goes, “yep. I think Coastal’s back in the mix.” 😬[/quote]

I’m assuming it was the spring break video? They did a great job with that one—the AD is providing the staff for videos and seems to be supporting the program.

The coaching staff is solid and you do have two Northwestern grads coaching there. (I’m sure Jill Girardi is a draw as a recent grad and pro.) The HC played at Loyola (Maryland) with the new HC at Jacksonville. Full disclosure—I’ve met them all and they strike me as good people that will take care of your daughter (they are big on healthy team culture).

While the camp may have drawn some players that weren’t as good, the coaches are picking up good recruits that can play. If they can continue to find success I think you’ll see better recruits come on board. Success breeds interest.

Visiting and spending time at the beach? Twist my arm as a parent—beats hanging out around Rutgers or up in the snow in Vermont or NH for a game day.[/quote]

Yes it was the spring break video. I’m not happy about it because I think there are better schools that my daughter can attend with her grades and playing abilities. And I am talking specifically about the school. I can care less about the level of lacrosse. But for now Coastal is back in the top 5. Very hard for a 15 year old to see the forest through the trees.